Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Copyright Notice
All materials contained on this site are protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of West Virginia Ghosts or in the case of third party materials, the owner of that content. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content.
3. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on West Virginia Ghosts’ web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on West Virginia Ghosts’ web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by West Virginia Ghosts at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on West Virginia Ghosts’ web site are provided “as is”. West Virginia Ghosts makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, West Virginia Ghosts does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall West Virginia Ghosts or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on West Virginia Ghosts’ Internet site, even if West Virginia Ghosts or a West Virginia Ghosts authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
6. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on West Virginia Ghosts’ web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. West Virginia Ghosts does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. West Virginia Ghosts may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. West Virginia Ghosts does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
West Virginia Ghosts has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by West Virginia Ghosts of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
9. Governing Law
Any claim relating to West Virginia Ghosts’ web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of West Virginia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
We are dedicated to maintaining a respectful community that actively engages in lively discussions about true paranormal encounters. Please keep the following in mind when writing your comments.
Respect Others – Please be polite to all the members of our Community, including other commenters, authors and the subjects of articles. Also, keep in mind that there are real people reading your comments.
Safe Space – Above all, we believe strongly that the West Virginia Ghosts community should be a safe and welcoming space for all individuals, groups and their ideas. As such, any rudeness, insults, hate, hostility, or negativity may be removed and you may lose your ability to comment.
Moderation – In order to provide a safe space for our community, comments may be pre-moderated by our team before posting to the site.
By publishing your story, you represent that you are its author and agree to these terms and conditions. You grant full, irrevocable publishing and copyrights to West Virginia Ghosts to use the story as needed. West Virginia Ghosts may edit and use the story in online published, advertising, and printed materials. You also grant us permission to publish it and edit it for length and content, as necessary. While no monetary compensation will be made, in return for the story we will publish your name, photograph if supplied and a link to your website if one is available. Websites which promote pornography, racism, hatred will not be linked. There will be no fees or charges from West Virginia Ghosts. You also agree to hold West Virginia Ghosts free of any fees or liability for publishing or resulting from publishing your story.
West Virginia Ghosts reserves the right to not display or post any publication that we consider inappropriate or unacceptable. No age, gender, or race limitations of any sort will be imposed. By publishing material to West Virginia Ghosts, you agree that West Virginia Ghosts can display, change, send, distribute or drop your material without needing prior or further consent from you. Publications may be removed by West Virginia Ghosts at any time at our sole discretion.
- We will only accept true stories that pertain to West Virginia.
- Please use correct spelling and grammar within your story. Do not publish your story in all capital letters or all lowercase letters. You can use our built-in Proofreading tool to check for misspellings and grammar errors.
- Please publish only TRUE stories. This website is for true stories only, no fictional stories or urban legends are allowed.
- You must be 15 years old or older to publish a story. If you are under 18 years old, please do not give out personal information about yourself or where you live. This is for your own personal safety.
- Your story must be related to the category you’ve selected.
- Do not publish stories on the subject of pornography, solicitations, or a subject that could be considered overly offensive. We will remove stories we find offensive. West Virginia Ghosts is a child safe website.
- We will refuse stories that are vulgar, poorly written, and are too short with no real topic.
- All stories published to us are manually proofread before they appear on our website, this may take some time, so please be patient.
Plain and simple, West Virginia Ghosts wants to be fair and trustworthy with the individual or group submitting a story. Without your stories, this site would be meaningless.